IcePics iPhone app works by pointing an iPhone at a suspicious person and pushing the IcePics button on the iPhone. IcePics will immediately email a picture of the perpetrator along with the GPS location pinpointed on a Google Map to contacts pre-selected by the owner.
IcePics is a valuable anti-crime tool for anyone who finds themselves anywhere in a potentially threatening situation including:
• Children walking home from school
• Women jogging alone
• Anyone walking to a car in an unlighted parking lot
• Children playing in a park
• Girl Scouts selling cookies
• Children going trick-or-treating Halloween night
• Elderly persons living alone
• Anyone opening a door to a stranger
• Anyone in a dispute or involved in a tense lawsuit
• College students living in a dorm
• Ex-boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse issues, especially those involving a restraining order
• A spouse worried about domestic violence, divorce or custody issues
• Anyone in line at a bank, fast food restaurant or convenience store who sees a crime being committed.
Imagine How The IcePics App Could Change Outcomes
...IF the young woman working in the college lab who was recently attacked had used IcePics her assailant would not have been able to attack her without knowing he'd more than likely be caught.
...IF the child that recently went missing in Florida, only to be found murdered in Georgia would have had IcePics, her attacker could have been stopped.
...IF the young woman that was recently separated from her friends at a Metallica concert had IcePics, she could have sent her attacker's photo to a remote email.
...IF Nicole Brown Simpson saw her assailant walking up her driveway, she would have caused her attacker to think twice as life in prison almost certainly would have been assured with evidence of his or her presence.
...IF the young girl walking home from school, only to be kidnapped and held for 18 years had IcePics, the outcome would have been much different and perhaps have stopped the person from even considering such an act.
Call Their Bluff
By just passing this information on to friends and telling them to hold their phone up and explain the IcePics technology to a threatening person it may make them think twice. Of course, having IcePics would be best, but the mere fact that it is available could save the life of someone you love, so share the concept with everyone, and it may be you that saves a life today — with or without even knowing it. www.icepics.com "
I am curious to know what others think of this. The most glaring problem is that the majority stalking victims I know find iPhone purchase and plan charges cost prohibitive. It would be great if this could be utilized with any camera enabled cell phone